We have more than 13,000 map points now. And now I’m turning my sights on hundreds of Map points for potential deletion from the Map.
I think it’s clear now that we are dealing with more than one source for what has been reported to the World Hum Map. I don’t want to invalidate the experience or suffering of anybody who has reached out to me, but I am focusing on the Worldwide Hum. Shall we review the hallmarks of that phenomenon:
- All obvious potential sources of the noise have been eliminated.
- The sound is louder at night than during the day.
- The sound is louder inside than outside.
- It is a low frequency sound – not a mid or high frequency sound, and not the sound of trumpets, metal, scraping, or “booms”.
- The Hum is not a “one-off”; that is, it’s not something one hears once for five minutes and then never again.
- When one exhales, or turns one’s head, the Hum is momentarily blocked, only to return after a few moments.
- It sometimes causes ear pain, the perception of vibrations, and other physical symptoms.
- It is very common for only one person in the house to hear it.
With these criteria in mind, hundreds of points – if not more than 1000 – are up for elimination. I want some input from the Hum community before I take such a move. I imagine this will generate considerable discussion, and perhaps some angst. I will moderate the discussion and weigh the opinions.